Thursday, April 21, 2005

Scurrying Sound on the HMCS Liberal, Part II
These politicians
All sound like strippers to me
And they're singing
But I don't wanna hear it...
"Oooh baby you want me?"
"Oooh baby you want me?"
"Oooh baby you want me?"
Well you can get this lapdance here for free
--N.E.R.D.
Martin's little friends got a slice of some sweet "money for nothing" action, back in the day, but the PM says "I am sorry that we weren't more vigilant - that I wasn't more vigilant."
"I'm in a glass case of emotion!"
--Anchorman
I think he was keeping a pretty close watch on what was going on, don't you?

I don't know if I buy this, but it certainly is incendiary:
A political ally of Jean Chretien returned to Parliament Hill Monday to accuse Prime Minister Paul Martin and his former advisors in the finance department of cronyism and contract rigging.
Here's another little grenade into the Liberal tent:
BenoƮt Corbeil, who served as executive director of the Liberal Party of Canada's Quebec wing in the late 1990s, told Radio-Canada that of the 20 or so lawyers who volunteered for the party during the 2000 federal election, some "seven or eight" were appointed to the judicial bench.
And the winners of the great judgeship scandal are......? Envelope please.

AC has a cool little rundown here:

Canada.com
Sen. Lapointe, who was appointed by former prime minister Jean Chretien, said in a recent interview he could not divulge details about the new scandal since he had heard about it at a closed-door Liberal caucus meeting, details of which members of Parliament are not supposed to divulge.
Harper is On Point! over here:

Do Canadians really believe that the number two man in a government now under a cloud of corruption, is the person to clean up that mess today?

Do Canadians really believe that the Gomery inquiry would be operating if the Liberals had won a majority?

And do you really believe that the Liberals will ultimately prosecute themselves, and hold their own to account?

The Cons have gotta come boundin'.
And step back as I take up the helm
On the pirate ship I'm steerin'
Droppin' the geran
Just realize what you're hearin'
The cannon sounded
That's my companion
Surrounded
As my crew comes boundin'
--Cypress Hill
More reaction to the speech here, here, here, here, here, here, and here, ...a pre-speech preaction(?) here.

Let it Bleed rips Martin a new one right here. Good work.

Good thing Cypress Hill isn't involved in Canadian Politics...or the Libs would be in real trouble.

No comments: