Monday, November 15, 2004

Nofx vs. Sex Pistols Vs. The Clash
Nevermind the "stars and stripes"
Let's play the watergate tapes
--The Clash

I am listening to "I'm so bored with the USA" and it dawned on me that not only NOFX has used this opening riff...but I think the Pistols did this one too...I'm just writing this down.....funny: punks have ripped each other off more than rappers it seems.

Here's the pistols tab for Pretty Vacant
E-----------------
B-----------------
G-----2-2---------
D-------------2-2-
A-0-0-----0-0-----
E-----------------

The Clash, I'm so bored...(i think the pistols tab above is more accurate)
e|----------------
b|----------------
g|----------------
d|-------------9-9
a|-------7-7------
E|-0-0-0----00----

NOFX...can't find it. I know its from Punk in Drublic.

Speaking of tabs, music, etc... I was playing my strat earlier and it occured to me (again) that a lot of Rage is influenced heavily by the Chilies...and that the Hives owe a lot to *fill in every punk band here*

Despite that, I love Rage and the Hives....But what the hell happened to Zach De La Rocha? The guy fell off the map. It is too bad really: His lyrics are like Charles Manson spitting political verse..

Transmission
3rd World War 3rd Round!
--RATM

What's that Zach? There's a problem with the media's distortion of issues? You so crazy.

No comments: