Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Congrats, Condi
Whatever you think of Condi, she is a smart and accomplished individual and I think she is a great choice. She has battled a lot adversity to become not only one of the youngest ivey league lecturers at 26, but youngest tenured profs at 36. She is an icon:
President Announces Nomination of Condoleezza Rice as Secretary of State

The Roosevelt Room


THE PRESIDENT: Good afternoon. I'm pleased to announce my nomination of Dr. Condoleezza Rice to be America's Secretary of State. Condi Rice is already known to all Americans, and to much of the world.

During the last four years I've relied on her counsel, benefited from her great experience and appreciated her sound and steady judgment. And now I'm honored that she has agreed to serve in my Cabinet. The Secretary of State is America's face to the world. And in Dr. Rice, the world will see the strength, the grace and the decency of our country.

Sweet.

No comments: