Thursday, August 05, 2004

Something funny/sad

This is more laugh factor than anything:

Sleepy 911 Operator Takes A Snooze During Call

On July 29, at around 2:40 a.m., Patricia Berg found herself startled awake -- she thought someone was breaking into her home. But as she described the emergency, the 911 operator fell asleep to the point of snoring.

Caller: Ah, I was woken up ... (inaudible) ... You know when someone runs your hand across a pane of glass, how it makes that noise? The only place I can think of is my sliding glass door, and I woke up to check it out. I didn't see anything.

Operator: (Snoring)

The 911 operator had fallen asleep. The snoring went on for 1 minute and 48 seconds before Berg regained his attention.


Caller: Hello?

Operator: Yes, Hello?

Caller: I was just wondering if you were still there.

Operator: Yes ... (inaudible) What's the problem?

Caller: I already told you. You don't remember me letting you know what is wrong?

(ed-At this point, I should say this is funny because Berg was okay, and no one had broken in.)

Berg complained to the 911 supervisor.

Supervisor: Hello, this is PCO Suitar, can I help you?

Caller: I called, and he took the information. I told him what happened and then he was silent and then I heard (Berg simulated snoring sounds).


Good times at 911. At least until the next 9/11.

No comments: