Monday, January 09, 2006

The Mystery of Bjork

Why do I love Bjork?
LONDON (Reuters) - Icelandic singer Bjork, who famously dressed up as a swan at the 2001 Academy Awards, has been voted the world's most eccentric celebrity in a recent magazine poll.

The 40-year-old, who also had a run-in with a reporter in Bangkok 10 years ago, beat out former world boxing champion Chris Eubank and goalkeeper-turned-commentator David Icke, who came second and third respectively.

She's just plain awesome. Who else would sing an ee cummings poem?
I will wade out
Till my thighs are steeped
In burning flowers
I will take the sun in my mouth
And leap into the ripe air
Alive with closed eyes
To dash against darkness

In the sleeping curves of my body
Shall enter fingers
Of smooth mastery
With chasteness of sea-girls
Will I complete the mystery
Of my flesh
Will I complete the mystery
Of my flesh
My flesh

Double true.

No comments: