Friday, November 25, 2005

McTeague: Brother By Another Mother

I'm ready and hyped plus I'm amped
Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps
Sample a look back you look and find
Nothing but rednecks for 400 years if you check
--Public Enemy

What do you do if you're a redneck moron in charge of foreign affairs while Pierre Pettigrew gets his freak on in foreign lands? Sample the words of an opinion maker to attack a black man.

See, it's not like Dan McTeague is a control freak/idiot intent on destroying what he pretends to protect....he's quoting Spike Lee when he crtiques 50 Cent:
"What I am concerned about is the context in which he is coming," the MP says. "The last time he was here in 2003 in my city and in the GTA, a man was killed at the Molson Amphitheatre. Another attempt was made in Montreal at the next concert.

"I'm not suggesting he's responsible," McTeague was quick to add, but he notes that even black director Spike Lee has been highly critical of the message that 50 Cent's "gangsta" persona is sending to young black men.

See kids? He's concerned that a rap concert will cause deaths, not that he cares or knows about the historical racial overtones of white men trying to ban overly black music. Do you think Spike Lee would agree with McTeague? Is he retarded?

Something tells me Danny Boy o' County Lib has smoked more crack than Flava Flav.

No comments: