Sunday, April 24, 2005

U2 is a Pras fan?
I have climbed
The highest mountains
I have run
Through the fields
Only to be with you
--U2
Apparently, U2 has never okay'd a use of their music by another band.....So it comes as a shock that Pras, formerly of the Fugees, is being allowed to use "I still haven't found what I'm looking for".
"I got Bono's cell number, and I called and asked him," Pras recounts on the San Fernando Valley set of the song's video shoot. "He said, 'Really, my biggest record of all time?' I sent him the idea, he played it for the rest of the band, and they loved it. Bono called me back and said, 'Listen, I've never cleared a record for anyone, but I'm a fan of the Fugees and a fan of you. If this record can help you, go ahead and take it.'"
First off, how do you simply come by Bono's celly denwa?

Secondly, that song is not really hip hop oriented, so I'm interested in how Pras is going to work this. I could see maybe "With or Without You" because of its deep bass lines....

No comments: