Friday, November 19, 2004

Parrish: I suck!
And Carrolyn Parrish says.....
Nothing, you politicos
Parrish is dead,
She's locked in Paul's basement
--Eminem, (re write)


When I was in grade 7, a girl broke up with me...I really liked her still, but to avoid embarrassment I told everyone in my class I would have broken up with the girl anyways.

That girl....was Carolyn Parrish.

Just kidding: She's old enough to be my mom. Anyways, Ms. Parrish pulled the same stunt I did in grade 7....Sort of. Instead of 'I would have left anyways' it was 'I would have fired me, too'.

Ex-Liberal says she would have fired herself

OTTAWA - Carolyn Parrish says she deserved to be fired for criticizing Prime Minister Paul Martin and his inner circle, but accused them of using "guerrilla-war type" tactics on Friday.

The MP for Mississauga-Erindale was dumped from the caucus Thursday after saying Martin and his advisers could "go to hell," declaring that she had no loyalty to the Liberal party.

She told CBC News on Friday that the prime minister had no choice but to sack her.

"When he phoned me, he said, 'I'm sorry.' I said, 'Don't be sorry, I'd do the same thing,'" said Parrish, 58, who achieved notoriety for her outspoken attacks on U.S. President George W. Bush and Americans.

Martin appologized to her? For what?

You know, most of the time I can respect renegade pols, but in this case I just cannot show any love: Parrish represents so much of what you might call the 'ugly Canadian'. She is defined as a knee jerk reactionary with a streak of anti-Americanism coupled with a loud obnoxious demeanor. And she's no lovable Don Cherry, so she can't get away with it.

Thinking outside the box = good. Making your fellow Canadians roll their eyes and allies stare at their feet = bad. Strong coffee in the morning = good. Kato Kaelin comeback = bad. Ministry's album "A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste" = good. Rap songs mentioning Carrolyn Parrish = bad.

No comments: