Friday, November 19, 2004

The Jam Vs. The Sex Pistols
We're the Pistols!
No one likes us!
And we doooon't caaaaaare!
--Rotten, Filthy Lucre Tour

Just a brief comparison of 'holidays in the sun' and 'in the city'

Holiday in the Sun, by the Sex Pistols:
Riff A
e|---------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|-5-5-4-4----------------5-5-4-4--------------------------------------|
D|-5-5-4-4-7-7-5--5--5-7--5-5-4-4-7-7--5--))Let------------------------|
A|-3-3-2-2-7-7-5--5--5-7--3-3-2-2-7-7--5--))Ring-----------------------|
E|---------5-5-3--3--3-5----------5-5--3-------------------------------|

Chords are C, B, A, G...

Here's "In the City", by the Jam
Intro:

C G D5 G
-------------------|--------------------|
--5--3-3--2-2-2-0--|--3--3-3-3-3-3-3-3--|
--5--4-4--3-3-3-0--|--4--4-4-4-4-4-4-4--|
--5--5-5--0-0-0-0--|--5--5-5-5-5-5-5-5--|
--3--5-5-----------|--5--5-5-5-5-5-5-5--|
-------------------|-----3---3---3---3--|

These are both interpretations...so either one could be off. Half the time I am trying to write down chords for songs I'm listening to, they are botched...
And for good measure, here's the lyrics for 'holiday'

Holiday in the Sun, The Sex Pistols
A Cheep holiday in other peoples misery!

I don't wanna holiday in the sun
I wanna go to new Belsen
I wanna see some
history
'Cause now i got a reasonable economy

Now I got a reason, now I got a reason
Now I got a reason and I'm still waiting
Now I got a reason
Now I got reason to be waiting
The Berlin Wall!

Sensurround sound in a two inch wall
Well I was waiting for the communist call
I didn't ask for sunshine
And I got World War three
I'm looking over the wall
and they're looking at me


Now I got a reason,
Now I got a reason
Now I got a reason and I'm still waiting
Now I got a reason
Now I got a reason to be waiting
The Berlin Wall

Well they're staring all night and
They're staring all day
I had no reason to
be here at all
But now i gotta reason
it's no real reason
And I'm waiting at
the Berlin Wall

Gotta go over the Berlin Wall
I don't understand it....
I gotta go over the
wall I don't understand this bit at all....

Claustropfobia there's too much paranoia
There's too many closets I went in before
And now I gotta reason
It's no real reason to be waiting
The Berlin Wall

Gotta go over the
Berlin Wall
I don't understand this thing at all
It's like B-Movie stuff
Cheap Dialogue
Cheap essential scenery
I gotta go over the wall
I don't understand this bit at all...

Please don't be waiting for me

No comments: