Sunday, July 29, 2007

Return of Bhutto

Explosion, overpowerin
Over the competition, I'm towerin
Wreckin shop, when I drop these lyrics that'll make you call the cops
Don't you dare stare, you betta move
Don't ever compare
Me to the rest that'll all get sliced and diced
Competition's payin the price
--LL

Bhutto's warning shot from London to the Islamists:
Asked why she wanted to return to front-line Pakistani politics, Bhutto said she felt her country was being threatened by extremists.

“If the people from Pakistan vote for me, certainly I would to take on that job,” Bhutto said.

“But this is more than a struggle for me: this is a struggle for the heart and the soul of Pakistan.

“We stand at the crossroads. Very critical choices have to be made between the forces of the past and the forces of the future. There is militancy, terrorism and violence.

“My government and I have had experience of dealing with it. If we could get another opportunity, I would certainly take the challenge.”

She added: “I don’t want the people of Pakistan to face terror at the hands of the Taliban and their allies in Al-Qaeda and become refugees in foreign lands. I want to try and save my country, if I can,” she said.

In a German magazine interview to be published Monday, Bhutto warned of a looming Islamist revolution mounted from the country’s religious schools, or madrassas.

Bhutto said she was planning her return to Pakistan this year to help stabilise the country in the face of the extremist threat.

“The Red Mosque was just a warm-up for what will happen if the religious schools are not disarmed,” Bhutto told the news weekly Focus.

She added that Islamist extremist leaders were plotting to overthrow Musharraf’s government and had converted madrassas in Pakistani cities into military headquarters with well-stocked arsenals.

She accused Musharraf of adopting an “appeasement policy” toward extremists that had only strengthened them.

Musharraf will step back as civilian leader, and let Bhutto summon her allies amongst the secularists Musharraf has lost with his attack on the judiciary. Bhutto looks like she's declaring war against the NorthWest Frontier Province, and this shit is going to get real on her arrival.

No comments: