Sunday, July 09, 2006

Zidane: What a ****in' disgrace

Zidane shows the world what a classless society really looks like:
BERLIN (CP) - This was no beautiful game. Instead, it was a World Cup final that was at times chaotic, sloppy and ugly, with Italy winning in a penalty shootout Sunday after the match finished 1-1 after extra time.

For France, there was only pain - and shame for Zinedine Zidane.

The talismanic French captain, in his farewell game, was sent off in the 110th minute for inexplicably head-butting Marco Materazzi in the chest. The six-foot-four Italian defender was knocked to the ground and, after a lengthy delay that saw Italian goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon race to the sidelines to berate the assistant referee, Argentine referee Horacio Elizondo produced the red card.

Zidane slowly walked off, passing the gleaming golden World Cup Trophy as he made his final exit. It was one last act of spite in a tournament that will be remembered for its torrent of red and yellow cards.

Normally, I'd never diss another nation entirely, or rub their nose in it, but for the French I'll make an exception-They treated me poorly when I was there and I'll never forgive them.

Anyways, I couldn't care less about the French losing and I've zero pity for Zidane. What a jackass, and what a piss poor way to end a career - with a random and shameful act of violence. What a goon. He and Bertuzzi should trade notes.

To even out this karmic imbalance, I present Ladytron's "Playgirl".

No comments: