Monday, February 06, 2006

4 X 4

Ian tagged me...so I'm in.


Four vehicles I’ve owned:


1. '86 Hyundai Pony. I painted this rust bucket matte black and painted a huge green shamrock on the hood and under one of the windows. At UVic, I would constantly take it off road between the cluster buildings and try to run down a certain stubborn tree. Good times.

2. '89 Mercury Cougar XR7. Red. Supercharged. Sunroof. Z-rated tires.

3.
4.
...uh, still on my second car...


Four Jobs I’ve Had:
These are in no particular order.

1. Tax Collector. Federally and provincially, and for both business and personal taxes.

2. Business/Financial Analyst. Spent time at a certain large crown corp doing a coop term. Being a business analyst at Indian affairs was sweet, and I've never had a better job.

3. Children's/Adult English Teacher. Suimasen! Sensei desu! In Japan, I was known as "Pa-to-ri-i-ku Sensei", or if the kids were unable to say that, they would know me as "E-I-E-I-O Sensei"...why? Because I would sing "Old MacDonald's Farm" to them on guitar. Yep. I taught pre-schoolers, but sometimes I'd have adults or even tiny 1 and 2 year olds.

4. Staff Accountant. I'm working on CA designation right now.

Other: I've also been a trailblazer and a brushcutter when I was younger. Tough jobs in the woods, fo' sho'.

Places I’ve Lived:
1. Takatsuki: A small town (for Japan, @ 300,000 souls) exactly between Kyoto and Osaka.

2. Victoria: Going to UVic business, and later working.

3. Vancouver: Working and UBC-Sauder School o' Bizness.

4. Kamloops: UCC/TRU. If you're from the 'Loops, you might listen to Bow Down by Westside Connection in Westsyde.

Four Vacations:
1. Europe. We'll lump in the whole thing...Ireland to Amsterdam with a ticket in hand.

2. Thailand. Sun. Beaches. Reclining buddhas, and semi-legal massages. Yikes

3. China. Tiananmen, Qingdao, Mao, the Great Wall, Wangfujiang, the Hutongs, the tea ceremony, Peking Duck, ginseng....all good things.

4. Japan. Not really a "vacation" since I was working and doing some post-grad stuff there, but what the hell! I guess I did visit for 10 days about 4 months before I ended up working there, so it's all good. Nara, Hiroshima, Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, Yamato-Saidaji, Ibaraki, Shin-Osaka, Kashihara, Goido, and all points in between. Kansei for life, yo.

That's it, that's all, that's all there is.

I'm tagging bumf and don. That's it.

No comments: