Sunday, August 07, 2005

Christ, You Know It Ain't Easy: Liam on Elvis
Christ, you know it ain't easy
You know how hard it can be
The way things are going
They're gonna crucify me
--John Lennon
John was alluding to the fact that he had made a dumb comment stating the Beatles were bigger than Christianity. While John could make fun of his offhand remark, and ultimately learn from it......Liam....well...is Liam.

Liam: I'm as good as Elvis


by RASHID RAZAQ AND HARSHA SHARMA

TO millions of music fans around the world, Elvis Presley is the undisputed King of Rock N' Roll. But Liam Gallagher reckons he knows otherwise. The Burnage-born singer has declared himself Elvis's equal.

Gallagher made the bold claim to musical immortality this week in a Spanish newspaper on the eve of a massive gig at a rock concert near Valencia featuring Oasis and British bands Keane, The Cure and Basement Jaxx.

"There's Elvis and me. I couldn't say which of the two is the best," he told
the Spanish punters.


I used to hate Oasis because they were cocky, but I'm pretty sure its just an act. Noel, in particular, is really a smart and funny guy.....Nice to still make headlines, I suppose.

No comments: