Saturday, June 18, 2005

Notes from Thong Tai Pan

It's day two and the watch, shirt and shoes are gone. I've already got a base coat of sunburn and I'm readying for another round of sunbathing. Good times...

About that Thai message the other day, near Wat Pho....

At the school of message, there are a number of tables (all in close proxity and within view of each other) where customers can lie down and receive a traditional Thai message....If you want a herbal message (I did), you need to change into some shorts they give you. They aren't super revealing, but, uh, maybe a little bit.

Anyways, I was trying to relax during the message, getting my legs all unwound when the (female) masseuse began to work the upper leg. Then the upper upper leg. And then I got a little more than I paid for.

Maybe it was by accident or maybe it wasn't, but it was a little odd. The whole school seemed to be a surreal setting...it's boiling hot, the customers are typically half asleep, and the masseuses are rocking back and forth as they apply pressure to your limbs.....and then my masseuse cops a feel or two.

It wouldn't have been so bad if my girlfriend was not right beside me, or if there weren't a bunch of people watching. Anyways, I can laugh about it now.

Kinda.

No comments: