Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Full Moon Party
In my dreams I'm dying all the time
--Moby

We had a big night in Hat Rin, at the Full Moon Party. If you haven't heard before, the party is largely regarded as one of the largest on earth. Think of the dance seen in the second Matrix movie, and then triple the amount of people. On a beach. With about 20 different types of music playing.

Right before we went, we chilled in a restaurant near where we are staying and got ready to roll. While we were chillin', I heard the song that I personally associate with the beaches of Thailand itself: "Porcelain", by Moby... Ever since I watched "The Beach"...
In my dreams I'm dying all the time
As I wake its kaleidoscopic mind
I never meant to hurt you
I never meant to lie
So this is goodbye
This is goodbye

Tell the truth you never wanted me
Tell me

In my dreams I'm jealous all the time
As I wake I'm going out of my mind
Going out of my mind
--Moby

Four chords. Instantly recognizable. Impressive.

No comments: