Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Belinda's Talking Points
You can dish it all out, you can try to pretend
But you can't change anything,
But you can't change anything in the end
Don't you ****ing know what you are?
--Nine Inch Nails
I have an idea what she is..
Belinda's Answers to Everthing (tm)

Q (any inverviewer). Ms. Stronach, you've been highly critical of Paul Martin and now you are joining his government. Can you explain that?

A. (Ms. Stronach, speaking very....very...slowly) I was at a crossroads. This was a *tough* decision. I really struggled... It had nothing to do with the vote, the power, the vulnerability of the Liberals, opportunism or...

Q. I didn't ask about those yet.

A. I'm not here to talk about personal issues.

Q. Oookay. Moving on then....

A. I am all about ethics.

Q. If you are all about ethics, how is it that Mr. McKay didn't find out about you're leaving until the last moment?

A. I'm not talking about, like, personal issues n' stuff, mmmkay? That's personal.

Q. Okay, but Mckay is Deputy Leader....

A. I'm not talking about it....I was *uncomfortable* with Stephen Harper, so I'm not going to get into partisan politics..

Q. Why didn't you sit as an independent in the house and vote against the budget?

A. First of all-Look. We need more than one strong party for democracy to work, so I made a break for the governing power, and will work hard for my career. But! Let me finish! I will never be into "partisan politics". I'm not going to defend the "Liberals".

Q. But you just joined the Liberals....?

A. Who speaks for Canada?

Q. That doesn't make any sense...

A. That's personal, okay?

Q. What?

A. I'm happy to give ethical guidance (starts laughing).

Q. Getting back to ethics, you once said that Paul Martin was unfit to govern....

A. I was at a crossroads! Crossroads! Didn't you hear me? (starts humming)

Q. Does your vocabularly extend past the same 20 words you repeat very slowly over the course of a minute?

A. Bloc! Ethics! Uncomfortable! Crossroads!

Q. Thanks for that Belinda...Well there you have it, Belinda Stronach has "blocked" her ethics at this uncomfortable crossroads in her political career. She'll make a fine Liberal by anyone's standards.

No comments: