Tuesday, April 12, 2005

What's that scurrying noise on the deck of HMCS Liberal?
You need tic tac, son
Your breath is going to blind me
--Cypress Hill

Speaking of stink, I think I'm smelling the fear over here.... But hey, what come around go around....here's Warren's comment today:
April 12, 2005 - You want greed? You want corruption? You want kick-backs and toll-gating and all that?

Here you go.

I think we just found the problem, Ottawa: Canadians want good government, and Liberals offer "Corruption" and "Kick Backs".

Just in case you never read it, here is a hit from Shamrocks:
The Unspoken Justification
(C/O 'A Few Good Men')

General Klapp: Son, we live in a country that needs unity. And that unity has to be guarded by the government with money. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Gumerie? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for adscam and you curse the liberals. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: That respectability's death, while tragic, probably saved the country. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saved the country. You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me out there guarding unity. You want me there.

We use words like patronage, bullying, smearing...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very unity I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I'd prefer you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a liberal membership and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to.

2 comments:

Don said...

That's one of my all-time favourites!

Shamrocks! said...

Heh. I thought you might like that one.