Thursday, March 17, 2005

St. Patrick's Day Renegades
I can't believe the news today
I can't close my eyes and make it go away
How long?
How long must we sing this song?
--U2

Not long, hommes. The end is nigh:
Adams 'must tell the IRA to disband'

By Chris Thornton
cthornton@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

17 March 2005
GERRY Adams "owes it to himself" to call for the IRA to disband, one of his staunchest American supporters has said.

Peter King - one of the American politicians who has agreed to meet Adams during his St Patrick's Day visit - said he believes the Provos "must disband without delay".

Before the Good Friday Agreement was reached, Mr King described the IRA as a legitimate guerrilla army.

In a St Patrick's Day message written for the New York Post, Mr King said the day can only be truly celebrated when the IRA realises the war is over.

I am really looking forward to the day when I can go back to Shankhill without worrying about getting shanked. I'd love to live in Northern Ireland someday, and I think it is probably one of the most beautiful areas I've seen so far: Lush, green, and ancient. If you fly over the straits between Scotland and the North, you could almost imagine the warriors standing on either side readying for battle.

But it is an embarrassment of the English speaking world-sections of Belfast are still under IRA control, and are kept in perpetual ghetto compounds full of republican propaganda.

I hope the politicians will also remember to castigate the some of the few openly fascist groups operating in the free world with popular support: The UVF, the UFF and the UDA. If the IRA is going to go, these guys who run the Northern Irish countryside with their terror flags and rural HQ's need to be taken out as well.

Erin Go Bragh!

Oh, and pounds to the greatest Irish girls on earth: The McCartney Sisters.
"I do want to say here to this great audience in Washington: Rarely have I met braver people -- if ever," Ahern said. "I'd particularly like you to welcome these girls because they've campaigned for their brother's killers to be brought to justice. They're courageous. They're determined."

Tell 'em, Bertie.
The Renegades are the people
With their own philosophy
They changed the course of history
Everyday people like you and me
--Afrika Bambaataa

The McCartney Sisters are Renegades for sure.

No comments: