Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Tom Wolfe=Bad Sex
I loved 'Bonfire of the Vanities', and for my money 'Electric Kool Aid Acid Test' beat 'On the Road', so I was kinda surprised the Wolfeman took home the Bad Sex prize in literature, for horrid descriptions of sex. Here's the 'winning passage':

Slither slither slither slither went the tongue, but the hand that was what she tried to concentrate on, the hand, since it has the entire terrain of her torso to explore and not just the otorhinolaryngological caverns.

Oh God, it was not just at the border where the flesh of the breast joins the pectoral sheath of the chest no, the hand was cupping her entire right - Now! She must say 'No, Hoyt' and talk to him like a dog...

"Slither slither slither slither went the tongue?" Is this the same guy who described a Hell's Angels gang bang in '72?

"Oh boy touch me in the otorhinolaryngological caverns. You know my otorhinolaryngological caverns are my erogenous zone. Ruff! Ruff! Just like a dog!"

Ahhh, it's good times at the Wolfe household above Central Park, I bet.

No comments: