Sunday, December 12, 2004

Chretien, Revisited: Part Deux
So Tell Me
Who Are You Dissin'?
Maybe I'm Missin'
The Reason That You're
Smiling or Wildin'
--Beastie Boys

RE: earlier post
I tend to go off when someone tries to defend Chretien. Personally, I think he really failed as a human and as our former Prime Minister. I was embarrassed to have him as a PM and felt he was a poor leader of our nation. But I will say this: it was time for Mulroney/Campbell and friends to pack up and leave in '93. They sold out the west, the conservatives, and themselves and their country. They needed to be booted, so I feel that voting them out in '93 was a good thing overall.

If I come off strong when it comes to Chretien it's because I disliked him when he was in office, and I dislike him even more now. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why anyone would vote for the guy, and I still haven't figured it out. Maybe he just had really strong local liberal candidates, I don't know...but to defend him personally...not in a general 'liberal party' sense, but to defend 'the man' is beyond me. I personally equate Chretien to a multitude of others who have done wrong ethically and morally and have been totally unapologetic about it. OJ comes to mind. Hell, at least Clinton apologized for his perjury. If you asked Chretien if he would apologize, he would shrug and say:

"Fer what? For me, I tink I served da nation, and I did a good job."

To which I would reply:

"Rot in hell, you ******* dinosaur."

That's it, I'm getting overklempt.

No comments: