Sunday, November 28, 2004

Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death. No, Strike that. Give it or else.
How long can we wait?
Come on, seein' what's at stake
Action for reaction
If your mind's in a somewhat complacent state
Get a check up
This is a stick up
Our freedom or your life

Lord, I wish I could be peacful
But there can be no sequel
--RATM

This is it: It's go time. Either freedom will come out on top, or we lose another state.
Ukraine's opposition wants prime minister fired
CTV.ca News Staff

Ukraine's outgoing president is calling on the opposition to stop its four-day blockade of government buildings, but the opposition is demanding the prime minister be fired.

That prime minister is Viktor Yanukovych, who won the Nov. 21 run-off election for president under circumstances that have drawn widespread protest in Ukraine and from the West.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Opposition leader Viktor Yushchenko, the supposed loser of the Nov. 21 vote, told his supporters Sunday to stay in the streets and maintain their peaceful pickets.

"You will ask me how long we should stay here, is it worth staying here?" he said. "Even the Georgian revolution lasted for three weeks. ... I am asking you, I am demanding that you stay here until the end."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
In Kyiv, one Yanukovych supporter said: "I hate America. There will only be union with Russia and (Belarus)."

....Yeah, because hanging with the P-man is the way to roll. I'll hand it to my man Mick on this one:

Hey! think the time is right for a palace revolution
But where I live the game to play is compromise solution

--------------------------------------------------------
Hey! said my name is called disturbance
I’ll shout and scream, I’ll kill the king, I’ll rail at all his servants

Well, what can a poor boy do
Except to sing for a rock ’n’ roll band
’cause in sleepy london town
There’s no place for a street fighting man
--Rolling Stones

No comments: